There are a number of ingredients to an average service:
- Songs. We enjoy singing both new songs and old hymns. The words are projected onto the screens at the front. If you don’t feel comfortable singing, please don’t feel you have to.
- Prayers. We know from experience that God answers prayer. Prayer is like a conversation with God. Feel free to join in, or just listen.
- Bible readings. There are Bibles in the seats for you to use. We announce page numbers to make it easier to find readings.
- My story. Sometimes one of the congregation tells the story of their own spiritual journey.
- Sermon. In the sermon the preacher explains from the Bible what God wants us to know today.
- Collection. We pass round an offering bag for voluntary gifts. This is an opportunity for committed Christians. We are not asking visitors to give us money.
- Communion. Twice a month we celebrate communion during a service. (Communion, the Lord’s Supper, and the Eucharist are all different names for the same thing.) If you are a Christian then you are welcome to take part. If not, don’t worry – there is no pressure to take part.